Re: [thredds] Problem between OPeNDAP and TDS when netCDF file is modified

On 5/6/2012 9:04 AM, Don Murray wrote:
John-

On 5/5/12 4:56 PM, John Caron wrote:
We have someone working on trying to reproduce this problem. If we can
reproduce it, we can fix it. Any help doing that would be appreciated.

Since I'm the one who updates the dataset, here's what happens. The SST datasets consist of yearly files which we are trying to aggregate into one dataset. The latest file (or files depending if we are crossing a year boundary) is updated on a daily basis and the last 14 days of data are overwritten and a new timestep (day) is added. We do more than just add a timestep because the last 14 days of data are preliminary and subject to updates. The file(s) being updated are then synced out to the filesystem that TDS looks at.

Is the file appended to, or is it replaced (deleted and a new file with the same name added) ?