Re: [thredds] Problem between OPeNDAP and TDS when netCDF file is modified

Hi John:

A question my group has wondered about is TDS suppose to be looking at and
storing last modified times of files?    If  that is not in the code presently,
that could explain a lot.  If it is the intent in the code, then may I strongly
suggest that is not happening properly.  We have a lot of reason to believe
that is the case.

-Roy

On May 7, 2012, at 9:34 AM, John Caron wrote:

> On 5/6/2012 9:04 AM, Don Murray wrote:
>> John-
>>
>> On 5/5/12 4:56 PM, John Caron wrote:
>>> We have someone working on trying to reproduce this problem. If we can
>>> reproduce it, we can fix it. Any help doing that would be appreciated.
>>
>> Since I'm the one who updates the dataset, here's what happens.  The SST
>> datasets consist of yearly files which we are trying to aggregate into one
>> dataset.  The latest file (or files depending if we are crossing a year
>> boundary) is updated on a daily basis and the last 14 days of data are
>> overwritten and a new timestep (day) is added. We do more than just add a
>> timestep because the last 14 days of data are preliminary and subject to
>> updates. The file(s) being updated are then synced out to the filesystem
>> that TDS looks at.
>
> Is the file appended to,  or is it replaced (deleted and a new file with the
> same name added) ?

**********************
"The contents of this message do not reflect any position of the U.S.
Government or NOAA."
**********************
Roy Mendelssohn
Supervisory Operations Research Analyst