Re: [thredds] [support] error report in accordance with a request seen when using Ferret to access HYCOM data

  • To: Mick Spillane <mick.spillane@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [thredds] [support] error report in accordance with a request seen when using Ferret to access HYCOM data
  • From: Roy Mendelssohn <roy.mendelssohn@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 17:24:28 -0700
Hi Mick:

I don't know I can answer your question, but i know a little more info would
probably help.

Is it correct to assume you are using the html page at
http://tds.hycom.org/thredds/dodsC/GLBa0.08/expt_90.8/2010.html?  If so, are
you requesting binary or ascii format?  Even more, can you copy the URL that is
created before you do the extract  (in the  "Data URL" box).

What happens if you try two separate extracts, one for each component?

Thanks.

-Roy

On Jun 19, 2012, at 5:14 PM, Nathan Potter wrote:

> Mick,
>
> Looks like you're working with a THREDDS Data Server (TDS Version 4.2.9 -
> 20111108.1758). I'm cc'ing them on this because,well, it's their product.
>
> Good luck!
>
> Nathan
>

> On Jun 19, 2012, at 5:09 PM, Mick Spillane wrote:
>
>> While accessing U,V data at a single location (x=894, y=2020) from the
>> dataset
>>    Data set: http://tds.hycom.org/thredds/dodsC/GLBa0.08/expt_90.8/2010
>> the access proceeded smoothly until timestep 99 when the following appeared:
>> **netCDF error
>>             OPeNDAP Error: An internal error was encountered in Vector.cc at
>> line 627:
>> The server sent declarations and data with mismatched sizes.
>> Please report this to support@xxxxxxxxxxx
>> (OPeNDAP/netCDF Error code 1002)
>>             Data set:
>> http://tds.hycom.org/thredds/dodsC/GLBa0.08/expt_90.8/2010
>> LIST/FORMAT=CDF/file=JapanAltSiteA_01Jan2010_31Dec2010.nc/app ua,va
>> Command file, command group, or REPEAT execution aborted
>>
>> The U variable for that timestep appears to be fine and V looks good to
>> depth cell 20 when the problem arises. The problem appears to be there in
>> the following days/timesteps -- how far I haven't yet determined.
>>
>> Hope this helps sort out the issue. If it gets fixed in the next couple of
>> days I'd appreciate a heads-up if that is possible. Otherwise I'll figure a
>> work-around or just avoid those days.
>>
>> Sincerely yours,
>>   Mick Spillane
>
> = = =
> Nathan Potter                        ndp at opendap.org
> OPeNDAP, Inc.                        +1.541.231.3317

**********************
"The contents of this message do not reflect any position of the U.S.
Government or NOAA."
**********************
Roy Mendelssohn
Supervisory Operations Research Analyst