Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2013 16:47:54 +0000
From: Mark Thomas <markt@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Tomcat Users List <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, announce@xxxxxxxxxx,
     Tomcat Developers List <dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [ANN] End of life for Apache Tomcat 5.5.x

On 10/08/2011 13:00, Mark Thomas wrote:
The Apache Tomcat team announces that support for Apache Tomcat 5.5.x
will end on 30 September 2012.

This means that after 30 September 2012:
- releases from the 5.5.x branch are highly unlikely
- bugs affecting only the 5.5.x branch will not be addressed
- security vulnerability reports will not be checked against the 5.5.x
branch

Three months later (i.e. after 31 December 2012)
- the 5.5.x download pages will be removed
- the latest 5.5.x release will be removed from the mirror system
- the 5.5.x branch in svn will move from /tomcat/tc5.5.x to
/tomcat/archive/tc5.5.x
- the links to the 5.5.x documentation will be removed from
tomcat.apache.org
- The bugzilla project for 5.5.x will be made read-only

> This has all been completed.

Note that all 5.5.x releases will always be available from the archive.

It is anticipated that the final 5.5.x release will be made shortly
before 30 September 2012.