[thredds] Downloading HYCOM using the NetCDF Subset Service

Hi THREDDS email group

I have been attempting to access the HYCOM data using the NetCDF subset
service, however the website keeps timing out when I try to save the data.  I
have also limited the size of the HYCOM data in both time period (maximum of 2
days per download) and spatial extent in the hope that the website does not
timeout.

Is there a current issue with trying to download HYCOM data from the NetCDF
Subset Service?
In addition, is there any possibility that the user can select which vertical
layer they would like to download in the NetCDF Subset Service [e.g. I am only
interested in the u and v velocity components for the surface layer] .

Thank you

Elizabeth Joseph
Coastal Engineer, Ports & Marine Terminals Group, WorleyParsons
Tel: +61 (0)8 6263 7153 | Fax: +61 (0)8 9278 8110 | GMT + 8
Level 6 | QV1 building, 250 St Georges Terrace | Perth WA 6000 | WorleyParsons
Services Pty Ltd | ABN 61 001 279 812
www.worleyparsons.com

*** WORLEYPARSONS GROUP NOTICE ***
"This email is confidential.  If you are not the intended recipient, you must
not disclose  or  use the  information contained in it.
If you have received this email in error,  please notify us immediately by
return email and delete the email and any attachments.
Any personal views or opinions expressed by the writer may not
necessarily reflect the views or opinions of any company in the WorleyParsons
Group of Companies."