Re: [thredds] TDS release candidate 4.3.17

Thanks for the reminder John!

Testing results...

It appears that if I set my gribConfig datasetTypes="Best" and fail to use the dateFormat + timePartition attributes, then I get the error.

If I use dateFormat + timePartition, I only get the error for the Best Timeseries within the partition that contains the culprit files. Otherwise the overarching Best Timeseries simply ignores the culprit files. (which is great!)

Also, FWIW, it appears that if TDS cannot write to the source files directory then the .ncx/.gbx9 files are written in content/thredds/cache/grib/ I noticed that in the "Implementation notes" at:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/tds4.3/reference/collections/GribCollections.html

it says not to use the CDM to cache the indices (which I'm trust is what is happening when they are being written to content/thredds/cache/grib/) but until I get permission to write to our archive directories (which is an uncertain thing), this works out well for me.

I'm happy to offer any more information if you need it.

Thanks!

-kevin.