[thredds] Godiva2 vs Restricted Access

I was able to get the Godiva2 viewer to work properly with out datasets when the data were unrestricted, or if I restricted the entire TDS.

In order to open our catalogs for searching, I have set the security restraints at the access level. Unfortunately, this doesn't play nicely with the Godiva2 viewer as the value for the server attribute in the url is not the same as the root url.

I.e., from my web.xml:

  <security-constraint>
    <web-resource-collection>
      <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
    </web-resource-collection>
  </security-constraint>

results in

https://castle.ucar.edu:8443/thredds/godiva2/godiva2.html?server=https://castle.ucar.edu:8443/thredds/wms/ds083.2/best

Whereas:

  <security-constraint>
    <web-resource-collection>
      <url-pattern>/dodsC/*</url-pattern>
      <url-pattern>/fileServer/*</url-pattern>
      <url-pattern>/wcs/*</url-pattern>
      <url-pattern>/wms/*</url-pattern>
      <url-pattern>/ncss/*</url-pattern>
      <url-pattern>/cdmremote/*</url-pattern>
      <url-pattern>/ncml/*</url-pattern>
      <url-pattern>/godiva2/*</url-pattern>
    </web-resource-collection>
  </security-constraint>

results in

https://castle.ucar.edu:8443/thredds/godiva2/godiva2.html?server=http://castle.ucar.edu/thredds/wms/ds083.2/best

and a JSON error

Is there a URL-pattern that I am missing, or a way that I can tell Godiva2 to use the SSL URL for the value for the value for the server attribute?

-kevin.

--
Kevin Manross
NCAR/CISL/Data Support Section