Re: [thredds] Index Files Placement

Hi Kevin:

Not sure if this got answered. Best to use

<policy>nestedDirectory</policy>

if you cant put index files into the data directories.

No way to configure adding a "." prefix.

John

On 7/19/2013 3:44 PM, Kevin Manross wrote:

Howdy!

I may have just found an answer to my issue via the "nestedDirectory"
option found here:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/tds4.3/reference/ThreddsConfigXMLFile.html#GribIndexWriting

so the following *may* be moot.  However, I'm going to ask anyway since
I still may need to know this.

As we look to open up more of our datasets to THREDDS, keeping track of
the GRIB index files can get tedious, which is why, I assume, that it is
recommended that the index files reside in the same directories as the
data files.

We have internal users of our data that can access the directories where
our data are stored.  To keep from adding any confusion, we would like
to try and keep these directories clear of any extraneous files.  Is it
possible to configure the TDS to write the index files to be hidden
(prepended with a '.') or does this take a change in the Java code?

-kevin.

--
Kevin Manross
NCAR/CISL/Data Support Section