Re: [thredds] FMRC applied to ugrid files

Jeremy -

Disclaimer: Not a solution to the FMRC problem with UGRIDS in THREDDS.

What I've usually done is aggregate the nowcast output (no overlapping
timesteps) using an NcML scan aggregation.  That handles everything but the
latest forecast.

For the latest forecast, I create a symlink that always points to the most
recent UGRID output file and serve that through thredds/sci-wms.

Here is an example TDS:
http://tds.glos.us/thredds/slrfvm/slrfvm.html

And the catalog that generated it:
https://github.com/glos/glos_catalog/blob/master/TDS/slrfvm/slrfvm.xml

You do end up with two seperate WMS endpoints... one for the latest
forecast and one for everything else.  That can be handled on the client
side.

Alternatively, you could manually do what the FMRC Best Aggregation does...
strip off the timesteps in each file that are "better" represented in other
files and use a NcML aggregation on the resulting files.

Hope this helps,
Kyle