[thredds] Bypass services page for not thredds requestable files

  • To: thredds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [thredds] Bypass services page for not thredds requestable files
  • From: Nicolas Carenton <ncarenton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 17:47:59 +0100
  • Mailscanner-null-check: 1391705283.45597@7EwuktrepmGrM49e2Ll/IQ

Hello,

We use thredds servers which host heterogeneous content. Netcdf and grib files are mixed with txt, gif or whatever kind of files in a datasetScan.

We implemented this change (https://github.com/ncaripsl/thredds/commit/5f85b94060c9fb15d89130af13bfdc9a62d3e3d9) on our servers so regular txt, gif, ... files are displayed directly. The user does not need to click on the service link he wants to use to access the file among http, opendap, wms, ...

Here is a test directory that uses a datasetScan and implements this change: http://vesg3.ipsl.fr/thredds/catalog/IPSLFS/testdata/catalog.html

If you agree with this, we would be happy if this change could be implemented in thredds future releases or if you could tell how to implement it in a better way so it could be integrated.

Thanks

--
Nicolas Carenton
IPSL, Pôle de modélisation du climat