[thredds] Wrong character-encoding for opendap and ncWMS getcapabilities in thredds

Hi,

we just recognized a problem with the character encoding in the ncWMS getCapabilities document.

All GetCapablities documents from thredds return a HTTP response header with

while document itself states

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

When adding any non-ASCII characters to the files, e.g. via ncml adding an abstract attribute (UTF-8) with 'sjøiskonsentrasjon' = sea-ice concentration, we get some problems.

On http://thredds-staging.met.no/thredds/wms/geirs_norsk_test/ice/conc_nh_agg?service=WMS&version=1.3.0&request=GetCapabilities sjøiskonsentrasjon is translated to ISO-8859-1 (as stated in charset=, but not as the encoding)

On the corresponding opendap-page: http://thredds-staging.met.no/thredds/dodsC/geirs_norsk_test/ice/conc_nh_agg.html , the content-type is
without any charset mentioned. The data is send as UTF-8 - (the default is not clear to me). (It's neither clear how attribute character-data translates to netcdf and where to put the _Encoding attribute. But that's a different story...)

The corresponding catalog.xml page is completely correct:
http://thredds-staging.met.no/thredds/test.xml
with
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

The corresponding catalog.html page is clearly UTF-8, too.

Best regards,

Heiko