Re: [thredds] Update - Changes to thredds.ucar.edu

Sean-

On 4/2/14 11:17 AM, Sean Arms wrote:
We were thinking of proposing a testing period of this week, through the
weekend, and see where things stand on Monday. Given that the test
plugin makes the process of testing bundles no more difficult than
running the bundle itself, I would think that would be enough time. We
will send an email to the different users of THREDDS with specific
changes and instructions on how to best test.

What is your solution to the variable name changes that I encountered in the IDV for my bundle? Since the mapping of old to new names is contained in the IDV through the calls to the netCDF-Java library, this would require a new IDV release. But the current IDV used ncIDV 4.3, not 4.5 and it's unrealistic to require everyone to upgrade to a new version on such short notice.

 > Please let me know when you have this working in the IDV. ;-)

I will look into it. As you know, this has been an issue with the IDV
for many, many years now, and this particular suggestion is not
something new. But I'll be sure to let you know how things go ;-)

Actually, this is the first time I've heard anyone bring up this suggestion on the data access. Each request for data for a timestep is a separate server request, so I'm wondering what one would do during a multithreadded loading when the server goes down in the middle of loading a long set of timesteps. Hopefully, you'll figure it out.

Don
--
Don Murray
NOAA/ESRL/PSD and CIRES