Re: [thredds] Irregular grids

UGRID support is out-of-the-box in THREDDS, nothing UGRID specific is need
for the DAP/ISO endpoints.

This seems promising for writing UGRID files:
https://github.com/pyugrid/pyugrid/blob/master/pyugrid/ugrid.py#L97

Once you have a UGrid object with node coordinates, you can use the
"set_node_data" and "save_as_netcdf" functions available on the object.