[thredds] Customising viewer links

I'm very new with thredds (only just got it build and installed today), and
I'm interested in configuring it for tightly locked-down network.

I'd like to offer IDV and ToolsUI, but it looks like its "hard coded" to
download from unidata.ucar.edu.au. That isn't going to be reachable from my
network. So I'd like to allow it to be downloaded from somewhere on my server.

I realise I could just modify the jnlp files in the source tree
(src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/views/idv.jnlp and src/main/webapp/WEB-
INF/views/ToolsUI.jnlp), however for production I'd rather be using the
released .war file and keeping the customisation to the content/thredds area.

I just don't know how.

I've reviewed
https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/thredds/current/tds/tds4.3/reference/Viewers.html

and done the usual google search, to no success.

Is it possible to do some magic configuration that will allow my IDV and
ToolsUI locations to take precedence over the distribution ones?

Brad