Re: [thredds] [idvusers] Switch to TDS 4.5 on thredds.ucar.edu on June 16

  • To: Brendon Hoch <bhoch@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [thredds] [idvusers] Switch to TDS 4.5 on thredds.ucar.edu on June 16
  • From: William Madry <madry@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 09:44:04 -0600
Hi Brendon,

We noticed this problem yesterday and realized that a stale DNS cache was
responsible for the apparent unavailability of our catalogs.  We rectified
the problem on our end by manually restarting our name server.  You may
need to do the same in order to hit our servers, as your name server may be
relying on a stale cache.

I have confirmed this morning that thredds.ucar.edu (and of course,
thredds.ucar.edu/thredds/radarServer/catalog.xml) are up.

Regards,
  Lansing Madry
  Unidata
  Boulder, Colorado