Re: [thredds] Switch to TDS 4.5 on thredds.ucar.edu on June 16

  • To: Heiko Klein <Heiko.Klein@xxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [thredds] Switch to TDS 4.5 on thredds.ucar.edu on June 16
  • From: John Caron <caron@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 11:09:06 -0600
Hi Heiko:

The names of the time dimensions are arbitrary and you cannot count on
which variable uses which time dimension. Im surprised you were able to
assume constant name even in the 4.3 version.

You must use the coordinate variable that matches the dimension name used
by the variable, eg float timex(timex). You dont need the netcdf-java
coordinate system layer, that info is available in the netcdf-C API and all
languages that use it.

John