Re: [thredds] NetCDF Subset service

Hi Terry,

You might expect that when you request all of the data in a dataset, NCSS
will simply return the original dataset (no subsetting required). That's
not how NCSS works; instead, it will always create a new dataset, and copy
over the requested data (which could potentially be everything) from the
original.

In this scenario, you might notice that the original and new datasets are
*structurally* different (i.e. different attributes, scale factors, etc),
but they are *semantically* equal (i.e. they contain the same data, though
it might be represented differently).

As far as I can tell, your 2 example files are semantically equal. Are you
struggling with structural equality issues?

Cheers,
Christian