Re: [thredds] max connections from one ip

On 09/03/2014 05:29 PM, Remon Sadikni wrote:

I just hoped to find a solution inside of the THREDDS config-file. To
somehow limit the simultaneous download of files...

As you yourself stated, the problem is this "slowed our Apache-Webserver down because its maximum count of incoming connections has been exceeded". You want to limit the amount of Apache connections, ergo you must limit the amount of Apache connections.

By the time THREDDS is called it is already too late. All it can do is abort the transfer, but in most cases it will immediately have to deal with another one. What you want is for Apache (or a firewall/proxy) to filter out misbehaving IP addresses, keeping THREDDS free to deal with other customers.

-geir