[thredds] wildcards in FMRC collections

HI,
Sorry if this has been asked before (possibly by me), but still trying
to figure it out.

I'm in a situation where I have the following path to a collection:

/data/directory/YYYY-mm/NetCDF/YYYYmmddHHmm_data.nc

FMRC collections will not work if I use spec=

/data/directory/**/NetCDF/#YYYYmmddHHmm#_data.nc$

I can get them to work if I restructure the directory so the path is

/data/directory/NetCDF/YYYY-mm/YYYYmmddHHmm_data.nc

and using spec=

 /data/directory/NetCDF/**/#YYYYmmddHHmm#_data.nc$

But, restructuring the directory path is not something that is likely
to happen. Any way to get this to work?