[thredds] TDM and featureCollections

Okay I may have made a little headway on featureCollections in thredds4.5,
though I think it is due to some random changes rather than any understanding.
Since on the real server the featureCollection will be changing,  I am trying
to see if I can make it dynamic.  So I have installed the TDM, and now don’t
understand what it is doing.  I have modified the /tomcat-user.xml  just as in
the instructions, to be:

> <tomcat-users>
>   <role ... />
>   <role rolename="tdsTrigger"/>
>   <user ... />
>   <user username="tdm" password="secret" roles="tdsTrigger"/>
> </tomcat-users>

and I have created a shell script with the line:

> /usr/local/jre1.7.0_25/bin/java -Xmx800m
> -Dtds.content.root.path=/usr/local/tomcat/content -jar tdm-4.5.jar -tds
> "http:/localhost:8080" -showOnly

Now according to the web page, the -showOnly does:

> -showOnly: (optional) if this is present, just show the featureCollections
> that will be indexed and exit.

When I run it I get:

> Server added http://localhost:8080/
> contentDir=/usr/local/tomcat/content
> catalog=/usr/local/tomcat/content/thredds/catalog.xml
> Server added http:/localhost:8080
>
> Enter password for tds trigger: secret
>
> Password = 'secret' OK (Y/N)?y
> Tdm startup at Thu Oct 30 17:43:35 PDT 2014
> Feature Collection names:
>  FNMOC NAVGEM 0.5-degree 6-hourly Pressure
>
> Triggers:
>  thredds/admin/collection/trigger?trigger=never&collection=FNMOC NAVGEM
> 0.5-degree 6-hourly Pressure

and then it hangs there and doesn’t exit - the test file set is only like 10
files and has already been scanned.  Should not TDM have exited?  Even more,
can I exit it and then will it be called, or do I just leave it running or
what.

Thanks for any help.

-Roy

**********************
"The contents of this message do not reflect any position of the U.S.
Government or NOAA."
**********************
Roy Mendelssohn
Supervisory Operations Research Analyst