Re: [thredds] ProxyPass and Godiva2 link

Hi Mike:

No guarantee, but try this. I am assuming you are running tomcat, so in your
“server.xml” file where Connector to port 8080 is defined, try adding  to that
connector the line:

proxyName=“stoqs.mbari.org”
proxyPort=’”80”

When I go to your site and click on Godiva2 I get an URL:

http://stoqs.mbari.org/thredds/godiva2/godiva2.html?server=http://stoqs.mbari.org:8080/thredds/wms/terrain/Globe_1min_bath.nc

The first doesn’t have the port because of apache, the second I believe is
getting the info from tomcat.  I think what I am saying will override that.  If
I am right you can buy Lynn a beer the next time you see her!!

-Roy

On Jan 27, 2015

, at 8:25 PM, Mike McCann <mccann@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm running an apache httpd server on port 80 and have configured a ProxyPass
> like this in httpd.conf:
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>     ServerName stoqs.mbari.org
>     DocumentRoot /var/www/html
>     <Location /thredds>
>         ProxyPass http://stoqs.mbari.org:8080/thredds
>         ProxyPassReverse http://stoqs.mbari.org:8080/thredds
>     </Location>
> </VirtualHost>
>
> Is there some place in the TDS configuration to tell it to use the proxy?
>
> -Mike
>

> On Jan 27, 2015, at 7:59 PM, Mike McCann <mccann@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I tried that and am still getting the same error with the "Godiva2
>> (browser-based)" link.
>>
>> -Mike
>>
>> On Jan 27, 2015, at 7:15 PM, Christian Ward-Garrison <cwardgar@xxxxxxxx>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Can't you just change the port you're assigning to Tomcat? [1]
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4756039/how-to-change-the-port-of-tomcat-from-8080-to-80
>>>
>>> On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 7:26 PM, Mike McCann <mccann@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes. I want to remove ":8080" from the url.
>>>
>>> -Mike

**********************
"The contents of this message do not reflect any position of the U.S.
Government or NOAA."
**********************
Roy Mendelssohn
Supervisory Operations Research Analyst