Re: [thredds] Change main catalog html page

Hi Tang,

thanks for the suggestions, I think I will try to change the catalog.jsp
instead of adding the link to the Server Info page. No one really goes to the
Info page and the link would stay buried over there.
Regarding how to keep changes in the datasets, the list of datasets I have
available in my server is small so I just manually edit the test file when
something is modified. But I think it would be fairly simple to write a script
using wget or similar to craw the pages and download all the xml files
describing the datasets. When a change was detected a new file describing what
was changed could then be written.

Greetings

Marcelo Andrioni

>Hi Marcelo,
>
>I have a few comments on this.
>I have figure out a alternative way for you.
>Instead of try add one line to jump to the changes.txt
>you can add the url in the server information page
>like this
>http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/thredds/current/tds/reference/ServerInfo.html
>
>for example in the  <webSite>http://www.my.group/</webSite> section
>you can easily make changes here.
>
>or have you try to manipulate the catalog.jsp in sources code
>and ant them to make a new war file then put it into tomcat to deploy.
>
>and I am quite interested in your idea, keeping track of the changes in the
>server (new datatasets, new variables, etc)
>Can you tell me how you do this?
>Thanks!
>
>Dr. Jian TANG
>Central Meteorological Office
>National Meteorological Center of CMA

>> Hello all,
>>
>> I am trying to add a simple link at the bottom of the main page pointing to
>> ASCII file where I keep track of the changes in the server (new datatasets,
>> new variables, etc) so the user can know easily when something changes
>> without having to search the whole catalog.
>> For that I tried editing the file
>> webapps/thredds/WEB-INF/jsp/thredds/server/catalog/catalog.jsp
>> so that
>>   <h3>
>>     ${webappName} [Version ${webappVersion}]
>>   </h3>
>> becomes
>>   <h3>
>>     ${webappName} [Version ${webappVersion}]
>> server</a>
>>   </h3>
>> but it didn't work.
>>
>> The new link doesn't appear even restarting everything. Do I need to change
>> anywhere else?
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> Greetings
>>
>> --
>> Marcelo Andrioni

"O emitente desta mensagem é responsável por seu conteúdo e endereçamento. Cabe
ao destinatário cuidar quanto ao tratamento adequado. Sem a devida autorização,
a divulgação, a reprodução, a distribuição ou qualquer outra ação em
desconformidade com as normas internas do Sistema Petrobras são proibidas e
passíveis de sanção disciplinar, cível e criminal."

"The sender of this message is responsible for its content and addressing. The
receiver shall take proper care of it. Without due authorization, the
publication, reproduction, distribution or the performance of  any other action
not conforming to Petrobras System internal policies and procedures is
forbidden and liable to disciplinary, civil or criminal sanctions."

"El emisor de este mensaje es responsable por su contenido y direccionamiento.
Cabe al destinatario darle el tratamiento adecuado. Sin la debida autorización,
su divulgación, reproducción, distribución o cualquier otra acción no conforme
a las normas internas del Sistema Petrobras están prohibidas y serán pasibles
de sanción disciplinaria, civil y penal."