Re: [thredds] Announce 4.6.0 release

Is that the release under the 4.5? heading on the web page?  What would helped
is if the .war files had the version in their name so when I mouse over the
link I know what I will be downloading.

Thanks,

-Roy
On Mar 26, 2015, at 4:29 PM, John Caron <caron@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Version 4.6.0 (beta) of the TDS and netCDF-Java is now released and available
> from our website:
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/thredds/v4.6/netcdf-java/documentation.htm
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/thredds/v4.6/tds/TDS.html
>
> This is essentially a "release candidate" for a 4.6.1 stable release.
>
> To recap the somewhat chaotic release situation:
>
> 4.3.23 was the last stable release for TDS.
>
> 4.5.5 is the current stable release for netCDF-Java /CDM.
>
> The 4.6.0 release is a beta release, and will become the stable release for
> both TDS and CDM. Its main feature is a rewrite of GRIB handling.
>
> Versions 4.4 never became a stable release.
>
> Version 4.5 of the TDS never became a stable release because of problems with
> handling FMRC collections. It has an older version of GRIB handling.
>
> Problems with FMRC collections and many other bug fixes and enhancements are
> now available in 4.6.0. It passes all of our unit tests and is superior in
> all ways (that we know of) to any other version. We ask everyone who is able
> to try it out and give us feedback on any issues they see. We expect to fix
> those problems quickly and get to a stable release within the next 3-4 weeks.
>
> Also see:
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/thredds/v4.6/tds/UpgradingTo4.6.html
>
> https://bugtracking.unidata.ucar.edu/issues/?filter=11620
>
> Thanks!
> The THREDDS development team

**********************
"The contents of this message do not reflect any position of the U.S.
Government or NOAA."
**********************
Roy Mendelssohn
Supervisory Operations Research Analyst