[thredds] Downloading/Mapping data from unstructured mesh

Hi all,
We are dealing with physical data (wave heights) georeferenced over a 2D,
unstructured, triangular mesh (lon, lat, wave height). These are outputs from a
sea state hindcast. Ideally, the data are meant to:
1) Respect interoperability standards,
2) Be disseminated using OGC compliant Web Services (WMS, WCS),
3) Be downloaded in various formats (binary, netcdf, csv, etc.),
4) Allow Catalog capabilities.

We are currently considering storing the data in netcdf, then use the
capacities of a THREDDS server.

Though we are capable of viewing our data into IDV, we are currently struggling
to achieve visualization of such data into THREDDS WMS viewer (Godiva or
generic accessible viewer on line). It is possibly due to the unstructured
nature of the mesh we are using. Data downloads are fine using HTTP and OpenDAP.

Do you have any suggestions to allow the example file attached hereafter to
perform all operations (visualization and download) provided by the THREDDS
server ?

Thank you for your help,

Regards,

Jean

--
Dr. Jean Dubranna
MINES ParisTech, PSL research university