Re: [thredds] issue with fileServer service

  • To: Mark Maciolek <mlm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [thredds] issue with fileServer service
  • From: Christian Ward-Garrison <cwardgar@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 15:53:52 -0600
Hi Mark,

Yes, a catalog can have multiple datasetRoots. They can even have the same
location—only their paths must differ. Here's an example from one of our
catalogs:

  <datasetRoot path="localContent" location="content/testdata/"/>
  <datasetRoot path="testRestrictedDataset" location="content/testdata/"/>
  <datasetRoot path="cdmUnitTest" location="${cdmUnitTest}"/>

As for your catalogs, they look good to me. I was able to load them into
TDS and access them via "HTTPServer". All I had to do was create some dummy
data and change the datasetScan location attributes to match my machine.

I'm not sure why you're encountering these issues, but it may have to do
with the filtering you've set up. For example, you have a datasetScan with
location="/net/nfs/wilma/data3/odac/model/mm5/analysis" that includes only
"*.grib" files. You need to make sure that such files are actually where
you said they'd be, or else TDS won't generate a link in the Dataset page.
Have you tested with dummy data files?

Cheers,
Christian