[thredds] HTTPS support for remote catalogs

Hello, THREDDS list,

We have a working catalogRef entry for a remote service which looks like
this:

  <catalogRef name="ABC"

    xlink:title="ABC dataset"

    xlink:href="http://host.domain.gov/thredds/catalog/abc/catalog.xml"; />

When I change the scheme in the URL from HTTP to HTTPS (i.e.
xlink:href=”https://...) I get the following error:

“HTTP Status 400 - Bad request: The "catalogUri" field must be an HTTP URI.

------------------------------

type Status report

message Bad request: The "catalogUri" field must be an HTTP URI.

description The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect.”

The results are the same on both TDS 4.2 and 4.3 (on my end).

They sit behind Apache httpd, which proxies for the tomcat instances.

The remote service is TDS 4.2.

My question is whether TDS remote catalog definitions support HTTPS-based
service URLs.

If so, then what is missing from my catalog xmls?

If not, then is there a later version of TDS that provides such support?

Many thanks in advance,

Georgi

--
Georgi Kostov
Team ERT/STG, US Government Contractor

Follow NCEI on Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/NOAANationalClimaticDataCenter> and Twitter
<http://www.twitter.com/NOAANCDC>

The contents of this message are mine personally and do not necessarily
reflect any position of NOAA or STG. This electronic transmission contains
information that may be internal use only, confidential, or proprietary.
If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure,
copying, distribution or use of the contents hereof is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this transmission in error, please notify
Georgi.Kostov@xxxxxxxx