Re: [thredds] Informal survey: Are you using the client-side netcdf-Java library?

  • To: THREDDS community <thredds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [thredds] Informal survey: Are you using the client-side netcdf-Java library?
  • From: Steve Ansari - NOAA Federal <steve.ansari@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2016 22:47:07 -0500
Hi Dennis,

At NOAA/NCEI we use these parts of the API in several areas.

The Weather and Climate Toolkit uses NetCDF for Java to decode NetCDF, GRIB
1&2, NEXRAD, GINI and AREA formats.  It has resampling and GIS conversion
code based on the CDM Feature Type objects, and uses the lower level
classes for stats, attribute extraction, variable listing in the UI and
more.

We also use the NetCDF for Java API for custom legacy satellite data and
products IOSPs, offline physical aggregation processing, zonal statistics
(summarizing grids based on polygon areas such as states/counties),
decoding/loading data into relational database.

Thanks!
Steve