[tiggeusers] Error in JMA land-sea mask

NOTE: The tiggeusers mailing list is no longer active. The list archives are made available for historical reasons.

Dear TIGGE users,

I'm Masashi UJIIE, global modeling group of Numerical Prediction Division,
Japan Meteorological Agency

We are sorry that the current 'Land-sea mask' values (*) in the JMA TIGGE
data are incorrect.

Although the land-sea mask has not changed in the forecast,  an error in
our output scheme for TIGGE resulted in the incorrect data.

The problem only with the 'Land-sea mask' values started on 16 December
2010.
Before the date, the land-sea mask data are correct.

Attachment you will find the current data and the correct data.

We'd like you not to use the incorrect land-sea mask data for your
research.

We have a plan to both fix the problem and improve our EPS within a few
months, and we will announce the updates again.

Best Regards

Masashi

 Masashi Ujiie

 Numerical Prediction Division