Re: Volume rendering of Irregular3DSet

> VisAD does not provide a method for computing boundaries, so
> you'll have to write one. You'd put the boundary triangles in
> an Irregular3DSet with manifold dimension = 2 rather than an
> Irregular2DSet. Finding them could be tricky. Perhaps Curtis
> has someting to add.

After some finger twidling, I managed to get the 2D version of boundry
extraction up and running. First I located the neighbors for all nodes,
then located the ones that didn't have a complete neighbor list,, which
means the element is on the boundry, then locate its boundry edges. Should
only add a few loops and it will work for 3D as well. I could post the code
if anybody is interrested.

The reason I'm still posting is becaus I'm wondering how to represent the
line segments I extract from the 2D boundry. 3D triangles are represented
with DelaunayCustom. I'm using a Gridded2DSet, simply appending all the
points in the order they were found. Luckily the data is ordered in the
sourcefile such that the connected points surround the area in a nice
fashion, but I'm not comfertable with the solution. Can I represent the
linesegments as line segments in a Set so I still can define field values
over them?

Gunnar