Re: Title in 3D Graph

Hi Sylvain,

> I try to plot a title on a DisplayImplJ3D. So I take the
> DisplayRendererJ3D, the VisADCanvasJ3D, to finally find the
> GraphicsContext3D. I found part of code from DisplayRendererJ3D to
> calculate the point of vision.
> But my code block when I try to use the GraphicsContext3D...
> I dont know why ?
> Is there a more simple method to plot title on a DisplayimplJ3D ?
> And If not where are my mistakes ???

I am not sure why your code would hang.

There are three approaches to doing this:

1. Do much as you are doing, but extend VisADCanvasJ3D and
put you draw call in its renderField() method (followed by
super.renderField()). This is necessary to synchronize with
Java3D rendering.

2. Put your text in VisAD objects and plot the way that
Test45.java and Test69.java do in visad/examples. Note that
this locates text in data space rather than screen space
and so may not be what you want.

3. Use the new J3DGraphics2D class that is part of Java3D,
and is described in the version 1.2 documentation. This is
probably the best approach for you.