[AWIPS #UJV-833959]: AWIPS II

Hi Mario,

The beta testing program we're running right now is more for system
administrators to test AWIPS II installation and configuration, the focus being
EDEX data servers and not the client GUIs.  Therefore I can't offer you AWIPS
II at this time for user evaluation, but Unidata plans to open up testing later
this year (exactly when is still undecided) for more general use of the
software.

If you're interested in evaluating EDEX server configuration I would welcome
your participation in our current beta testing, but AWIPS II is not ready to be
deployed in a computer lab setting for use by students.

Michael

> Hello,
>
> I am a meteorology professor at California University of Pennsylvania. I
> use IDV in many courses I teach. I usually introduce students to IDV
> in Synoptic Meteorology course that I teach every Fall. Given that
> AWIPS II is coming out in Spring 2013 I was wondering in I could get a
> beta/trial copy for myself and my students in order to help them prepare
> for its release?
>
> Best regards,
> -Mario Majcen
>
> ***********************************