[AWIPS #XNS-219790]: FW: [community] 2013 Unidata Training Workshop

Hi Iain,

I'm the GEMPAK and AWIPS II engineer at Unidata and will be teaching the
workshop in July.  I would not say that the workshop is "in depth" - the
schedule is for two days of GEMPAK with 1 day or AWIPS II.  The AWIPS II focus
will be on

* installation and configuration
* ingesting IDD data with the LDM
* managing postgres and HDF5 data storage
* using the D2D and NCP perspectives to view data

I will not be covering the GFE perspective in this workshop.

The workshop schedule may change after the course in July.  We may want to
offer a more in-depth AWIPS II course that spans multiple days, maybe separate
from the GEMPAK material.  I won't be certain until later in the year.  But
once AWIPS II is released by us (by the end of the year), we will need to start
offering workshops which go into more detail with the system (such as sys
admin, CAVE use, and plugin development).

So in short, next year's workshop may be more relevant to you than this year's.

Hope that helps.

Michael James
Unidata

Ticket ID: XNS-219790