[AWIPS #YCM-181819]: AWIPS2

Hello Isaac,

You are correct, when AWIPS II is release to the public by Unidata, any
individual or organization will be able to download and install it and the
source code will be open source.

There will be very strict system requirements for the 14.1.1 release, which
will have RHEL6 support and *possibly* support for 64-bit EDEX server.

Michael James
Unidata Program Center

> Hello............  When AWIPS2 is released next year,will anyone who
> meets system requirements be able to use it? Will I have to have my own
> server, or will there be access to a central/outside server?  Thanks.
> Isaac

Ticket ID: YCM-181819
Department: Support AWIPS