[AWIPS #YCM-181819]: AWIPS2

Similar to how universities use the Unidata TDS, it's up to them if they want
to provide remote data access.  Unidata will certainly provide guidance for
sites to do this, but the decision to do so is not ours.  If a university can
pull data from the IDD they are free to redistribute it themselves.

Home use is realistic, sure.  I imagine a number of sites, .edu and .com, will
want to provide remote access.  It's all still coming together and a lot of
this we have to figure out as we go.

Michael

> Mr.James........
>
> Thank you for your response. What would prevent an .edu, say OU , FSU or
> PSU ,or even non.edu SimuAwips,that already provide realtime weatherdata,
> from having an open server? If all servers are internal is home use even
> feasible? Will this limit how much of the "public" can actually access
> AWIPS?.  Or, is home use realistic?   Thanks. Isaac.

Ticket ID: YCM-181819
Department: Support AWIPS