[AWIPS #ZJT-588965]: CAVE menu bar

> I guess I would have to amend the site configuration to include them, but boy
> is that going to take some time adding each xml file to the menu table.
> These type products are pretty standard, so I assumed they would be part of
> the base index.xml setup, rather than a site config.
>
> I have connected to your edex-azure server using the OAX localization you
> have setup, but when I type $rpm -qa | grep awips2-localization I get an
> output of $awips2-localization-BOU-14.2.1-16n9.noarch.

The awips2-localization-BOU RPM is installed for the EDEX server and not the
CAVE client.  The default localization on the edex-azure instance is still OAX,
but if you install your own EDEX server from the yum repository, you will see
that the default localization has been changed to BOU (Boulder, Colorado).
Meaning, if you run your own EDEX server, you must connect with localization
BOU.  If you connection to our edex-azure server, for now you can still use
OAX.   All that matters for localization is that client matches the server.

> When I go to the CAVE > Preferences, it shows me using the OAX localization
> (as shown in the screenshot). When I click, Apply, nothing happens (no pop-up
> notification), so this change of localization has already been applied/
> implemented.
>

> Also, will this version of awips 2 ingest WW3 and RTMA? I only ask because I
> didn’t see specific entries on the pqact. I wasn’t sure if the data came
> across NGRID or CONDUIT.

RTMA grids are ingested from the NGRID feed, you don't see a specific pattern
action in pqact.conf because a single pattern actions is defined for all of
NGRID:

# all of NGRID
NGRID   ^([LM].[ABDHMNRSTU].{1,3}) (KWB.)
        FILE    -overwrite -log -close -edex
/awips2/data_store/grib2/noaaport/GRID\8/\7_\9_\(10)Z_\(11)_\(12)-\1_\2_(seq).\6.%Y%m%d

Ticket ID: ZJT-588965
Department: Support AWIPS