[AWIPS #UCU-306219]: Changing units of measure

If you are loading these grids in D2D using the Product Browser, I don't know
of a way to make unit / parameter changes.  If you want to add them to the
Models menu, you can change into the localization perspective and follow the
guide below for adding a user or workstation localization copy an perspective
XML file:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UKS04eGineJfXxWVe0ees_OR8a2TLJBBlelueP1KoBY/edit

I think you will have to find the following files to edit.

https://github.com/Unidata/awips2/tree/upc/cave/com.raytheon.viz.volumebrowser/localization/menus/volume

-Michael

> I was looking for D2D. I will continue playing with it. I honestly figured
> the model grids (/awips2/edex/data/utility/edex_static/grid/parameterinfo)
> would do the trick since parameters are defined there, but who knows.
>
> Thanks again for looking into it.
>
> - Justin
>
> address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Hi Justin,
> >
> > You don't tell me if you're using D2D or NCP.  D2D I don't know off the
> > top of my head.  NCP you can edit the attribute file in the Manage Data tab
> > of the Data Loader. There you can change the displayed parameter in GEMPAK
> > syntax (e.g. p06m to p06i) and adjust colors, line style and other
> > variables.
> >
> > -Michael
> >
> > > Is there an easy way to change units of measure?
> > >
> > > I was looking at the wave models which are in meters and I wanted to
> > > change them to feet for units. I found the model grid files where dunits
> > > is indicated, but it had no effect when changed, so I wanted to see if
> > > there is another place I would go?
> > >
> > > I wanted to change QPF values from mm to inches as well.
> > >
> > > Justin
> > >

> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: UCU-306219
> > Department: Support AWIPS