[AWIPS #JLL-826110]: last steps to get awips II to work

> OK, good to know it was not on our end.
> Thanks for the quick reply.
>
> We do have one issue, when we launch CAVE in GFE perspective the Grid Manager
> does not populate, just gives the following errors,
> (Sorry for the long error log message, not sure if this is the right thing to
> send to you?)
>

> Error occurred on GFE server -Error getting grid location: Site ILN has no
> active GFE configuration.com.raytheon.viz.gfe.GFEServerException: Error
> occurred on GFE server -Error getting grid location: Site ILN has no active
> GFE configuration.

Hi Jens,

The above line I think is the important part of the log.  This indicates that
there is no existing server configuration for site localization ILN.  The
default localization site for Unidata AWIPS II is BOU (Boulder), and the
process of changing *site* localization is not trivial, and frankly I do not
have a lot of experience doing such since we primarily support the National
Centers Perspective which is not so much based on site localization.

I would guess that changing localization back to BOU (or OAX for NWS/Raytheon
versions) would prevent these errors, but that does not seem like the solution
you are looking for.

Michael James
Unidata User Support
Boulder, CO