[AWIPS #SZB-664045]: awipsII

Hi Bongchul,

Let me go through your previous message carefully to try to understand what the
problem is.

You said:

> What I meant was that I have modified "ldmd.conf" and "pqact.conf" to get the
> individual Level 3 products and confirmed that the data are coming in.

Does this mean that you have confirmed that the LDM is receiving the NEXRAD3
feed with notifyme, log files, or raw radar files on disk? Assuming that the
line in ldmd.conf is uncommented (REQUEST NEXRAD3 ".*" idd.unidata.ucar.edu),
you can confirm that nexrad level 3 files are being received on your end with
"notifyme -vl - -f NEXRAD3"

Next, you mention that Qpid indicates that level3 radar and grib files are NOT
being ingested, but the command you gave

>  qpid-stat -q -S msg -L 3

will only show the first three lines returned from qpid-stat, which is ordered
by number of messages received, top to bottom.  The fact that what you see is:

> _purgeGridInfoCache@amq.topic_a566e189-e4ee-4b16-a14c-78895c4fc841 Y 0 0 0 0
> 0 0 1 2
> Ingest.svrwx Y 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 2
> purgeRequest 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 2

Indicates that NO product queues are receiving product-related messages. which
indicates that edexBridge may not be running.

So you need to trace data through the system step-by-step, beginning with the
LDM:

1) check that NEXRAD3 data is being received by the ldm: "notifyme -vl - -f
NEXRAD3"

2) add a -log flag to the NEXRAD3 pattern action in pqact.conf:

NEXRAD3 ^(SDUS[23578].) .... (......) /p(...)(...)
        FILE    -overwrite -log -close -edex
/awips2/data_store/radar/\4/\3/\1_\4_\3_\2_(seq).rad

and issue the command "ldmadmin pqactHUP" or "ldmadmin restart" for this change
to take effect.

3) monitor the LDM log for NEXRAD3 feedtype notifications to confirm that the
LDM is writing the files to disk: "tail -f ~ldm/logs/ldmd.log" or "grep NEXRAD3
~ldm/logs/ldmd.log".  Make note of any error messages in this file and send
them to me if you see any.

4) confirm that raw radar files are being written to /awips2/data_store/radar/

5) confirm that the program edexBridge is running with the command "ps aux|grep
edexBridge"

6) check the Qpid message queue for NEXRAD3 data with the command "qpid-stat -q
-S msg" and look for the queue named "Ingest.Radar", make note of the "msg
msgIn msgOut" columns, which should be greater than zero.

7) monitor the EDEX Radar log file with the command "tail -f
/awips2/edex/logs/edex-ingest-radar-20150415.log" (for today, April 15,
otherwise make sure the date string matches).

8) confirm that HDF5 files are being written to the directory
/awips2/edex/data/hdf5/radar/

Michael James
Unidata Program Center
Boulder, Colorado