[AWIPS #FLP-955512]: AWIPS II Thin Client Server

> Gentlemen,
>
> I have just installed the AWIPS II Thin Client on my Windows 32 bit OS. I
> made sure to allow the programs through the firewall. I have the initial
> CAVE splash screen then the connectivity window opens. The localization
> server  http://localhost:9581/services and the alert sever
> tcp://localhost:61998 are not working. I receive a connection refused
> error. I would really like to be able to finally use this program. Could
> you help me with the proper server addresses? And yes this is the
> standalone AWIPS II Thin Client. Please help as soon as possible. Thanks in
> advance.

Hi Carl,

Unidata does not support the NWS CAVE thin client, but I do know that the
reason you are not connecting to a server at address localhost is because you
do not have a server up an running on localhost.  Neither Unidata or the NWS
currently have a public EDEX server, so it's up to individuals to either
install their own servers.

Best,

Michael James
Unidata