[AWIPS #TFF-715714]: Cave can't connect to edex-azure

Hi Neil,

Our previous Microsoft Azure grant expired so the edex-azure server is not
available right now, but we will be releasing 14.4.1 soon (July or August) and
will offer a new cloud EDEX server at that time.

-Michael

> Standalone CAVE install on CentOS 6.6. as a virtual machine in VMWare Fusion
> on an iMac at OS X 10.8.5; the VM is allocated 16GB RAM.
>
> Startup with http://edex-azure.unidata.ucar.edu:9581/services and site: OAX
> fails with
> 'unable to post request to server' and details:
>
> com.raytheon.uf.viz.core.exception.VizCommunicationException: unable to post
> request to server
> Caused by: com.raytheon.uf.common.comm.CommunicationsException:Error occured
> communicating with server: Connect to edex-azure.unidata.ucar.edu:9581 timed
> out.  Hit retry limit, aborting connection.
> Caused by: org.apache.http.conn.ConnectTimeoutException: Connect to
> edex-azure.unidata.ucar.edu:9581 timed out
>
> The VM is getting a NAT'ed network access from the VMware Fusion/OS X system.
> The 'hostname' command on this VM returns localhost.localdomain, but an ssh
> login to a remote host from this VM shows in the remote logs to be coming
> from an IP in the *.met.tamu.edu domain.

Ticket ID: TFF-715714
Department: Support AWIPS