[AWIPS #GHJ-801255]: NSSL WRF 4km question

> Hi Michael -
>
> Adam Clark over NSSL sent me a link to view their data from their WRF version.
> ftp://ftp.nssl.noaa.gov/users/kain/
>
> The data is in grib (not grib2) format.
>
> I attempted to drop the file in the edex manual data ingest folder and the
> log shows it ingested and processed the file, but I don't see anything new in
> my data browser.
>
> Would I need to add the model into the system, or would it merely
> ingest/process and provide the model number, center number and id in the data
> browser? The file saved to /data_store/manual/ after process, but I don't see
> an hdf5 file.

Hi Justin,

In order to add a new grid you have to add a navigation file and a reference to
the grid, it's all covered in the document Adding a New Grid to EDEX:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1l-bYkog_tmBQTj_x887q6QNFFtudaGfWIPIc7Q1b9wc/edit?usp=sharing

Once you have the new definition file in
/awips2/edex/data/utility/edex_static/site/OAX/grib/grids/ and the reference in
/awips2/edex/data/utility/edex_static/site/OAX/grib/models/, you will have to
copy+edit existing menu XML files in the localization perspective (or you can
directly edit the base localization files on EDEX but that risks deleting your
changes when a "yum groupupdate" is issued.

Ticket ID: GHJ-801255
Department: Support AWIPS