[AWIPS #UEC-730695]: AWIPS II for OSX CAVE Installation Question

> As reported in AWIPS #UEC-730695
>
> I also tried the new version (awips2-cave-osx.dmg) and it fails with the
> attached image.
>
> While looking through the directory structure I noticed that
> Applications/CAVE/Icon and Applications/CAVE/cave.app/Icon have extra ^M
> (control-M) at the end of the filenames - perhaps a typo in the manifest?
>
> lance

Hi Lance,

It appears that the Java SDK is required on your system for CAVE to run.  You
can download the SDK from
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk7-downloads-1880260.html

Looks for the 5th item in the list, "Mac OS X x64       196.89 MB
jdk-7u79-macosx-x64.dmg"

Oracle's user agreement requirement prevents me from linking directly to the
DMG.

Ticket ID: UEC-730695
Department: Support AWIPS