[Support #APQ-450630]: Re: EDEX server

> To whom it may concern,
>
> Below is an email from out IT staff on our localization problems connecting
> CAVE clients to our EDEX server. We have installed the most recent version of
> EDEX, 15.1.3.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated,
> Eric Rappin
>
> > On Mar 31, 2016, at 1:52 PM, Quilligan, Andrew <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > We are successfully downloading data via the ldm and data is being stored
> > properly in the /awips2/data_store. The data products are not showing up in
> > cave clients that connect to the EDEX server. The
> > edex_static/base/distribution/ XML files look right. The only errors we
> > have uncovered from log files (EDEX/LDM/PYPIES/CAMEL) was occasional thread
> > failures due to a lack of allocated ram (The machine had 50G+ of free ram).
> > Changes were made to several JAVA calls in startup scripts and these issues
> > went away.

Hi Eric,

First, let me apologize for not replying to you sooner, Unidata is having some
problems with our support system where I am not being notified of some incoming
messages, so I didn't see this until today.

To answer your question, I would first check for "successfully ingested"
messages scrolling by in the edex logs (you can check with "edex log", "edex
log grib", "edex log radar", etc.).

Secondly, do a listing of /awips2/edex/data/hdf5/ and you will see the data
directories which are available.  You should see directories such as radar,
grid, satellite, obs, etc.  If you do NOT see these directories, then there is
a problem with the decoding of the data from /awips2/data_store/.  If this is
the case, there will probably be a lot of error messages in the
/awips2/edex/log files, which can be investigated for hints as to what is not
working.  If these files are not too large, please send them back so I can look
at them.

Ticket ID: APQ-450630
Department: Support AWIPS