[Support #APQ-450630]: Re: EDEX server

> Hi Michael,
>
> I do apologize for bothering you, but I am having some difficulty with
> installation of the EDEX server. I have reinstalled CentOS 6 and the the EDEX
> install script 3 times and I keep running into the issue shown below. The
> installation yields no errors and edex status shows everything is up and
> running. The edex log shows no warnings or errors yet nothing is being
> ingested and their are no data product directories in
> /awips2/edex/data/hdf5/. I am really scratching my head on this. I am well
> experienced with linux but have minimal expertise in IT. Any assistance would
> be tremendously appreciated.

Hi Eric,

When you run "ldmadmin watch" as user awips (su - awips -c "ldmadmin watch")
you should see products scrolling by which are in your local data queue.  If
you do not see this then your local LDM is not receiving data from the upstream
IDD server.

If the LDM is receiving data, the next thing to check is that the files are
being written to /awips2/data_store - make sure permissions are set up so that
user awips:fxalpha can read/write in that directory.

If there are files being written to /awips2/data_store, the next thing to check
are the EDEX logs:

edex log
edex log grib
edex log radar

You should see continuous "processed" messages for the various data types.

Ticket ID: APQ-450630
Department: Support AWIPS