Re: data problem (fwd)

Hi Manda,

I have duplicated the conversion error from CODIAC, so I grabbed the data
(not via CODIAC) and ran dcgrib2 on the RUC files and had no problems with
the conversion to GEMPAK. I understand why you could not get the GEMPAK
files from CODIAC ( changed versions of GEMPAK and did not refresh links )
and this is being corrected at JOSS, however I do not have an answer for
why the decoding was not successful at your locale. Were you using
dcgrib2?

If so I may need to investigate the compression and file transfer
protocols to see if the data is being corrupted in transfer.

Thanks for your help and patience,

 -Jeff