Re: 20010522: Case 24 missing data

Hi Sam,

I am investigating deeper into this data void.

I get the data from COMET, and then make it accessible via CODIAC.
I have contacted the folks at COMET for an explanation for this data void.

My "guess" is that the nature of the storm may have been severe enough to
disrupt normal data gathering practices, hence the void. I will let you
know when I hear from the COMET people if that is the real cause.

Is this creating problems with your analysis of the event?

If so, we will do our best to locate the data elsewhere if it can be
located. Thinking while typing......, this should be done anyway. Either
way, I will try to find the missing data and keep you posted as to my
findings.

Sorry for any inconvenience, and thank you for using the COMET Case Study
Library.

-Jeff