Re: 20020613: COMET CaseStudies

Hi John,

I am cc'ing your question and my response to one of our sites that is
keenly interested in aviation weather and a case study user.

Chris Herbster is a professor at The Embry-Riddle Aeronautical Institute
and has made use of our case studies in the past, and we hope to work with
him in the future for additional "aviation weather" cases.

Perhaps Chris can highlight cases he has found most useful.

Off the top of my head I would suggest:

COMET Case Study 009, Severe Icing Event, 6 March 1996.
COMET Case Study 012, Gravity Waves, 27-28 March 1994.
COMET Case Study 013, Soutern California Floods and Florida Tornadoes,
22-24 February 1998.
COMET Case Study 017, Desert Southwest Severe Weather, 7-8 August 1997
COMET Case Study 024, Explosive East Coast Cyclogenesis, 19-26 January
2000

and

COMET Case Study 034, New Jersey Flood: Terrain-Locked Convection 11-13
August, 2000

Thank you,

-Jeff