[CaseStudy #SUT-517702]: 9 November 1998 COMET case study web page

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to obtain data from the COMET case study library for the
> November 1998 storm.  The link to "Order the data" is broken.  I'm
> trying to get to it via the following URL:
>
> <http://www.comet.ucar.edu/resources/cases/c23_09nov98/index.htm>.
>
> I'd be grateful if you could tell me where the data have been relocated.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Paul Markowski
>
> --
> Dr. Paul Markowski
> Associate Professor of Meteorology
> Pennsylvania State University
> 503 Walker Building
> University Park, PA 16802
> email: address@hidden
> phone: 814.865.9736
> fax: 814.865.3663
> web: http://www.meteo.psu.edu/~marko

Hi Paul,

Apologies for the confusion. The COMET Case Study project has not been funded
for a decade, so some links have gone stale. The good news is that the data
still exists and can be accessed in a couple of ways.

1)http://data.eol.ucar.edu/codiac/projs?COMET_CASE_023
          Then select the "datasets" link.

..or go directly to:

http://data.eol.ucar.edu/codiac/ds_proj?COMET_CASE_023

2) Second option is to use Unidata's RAMADDA server to access the data, that
can be found at:

http://motherlode.ucar.edu/repository/entry/show/RAMADDA/Case+Studies/Unidata+Comet+Case+Studies?entryid=b70a1443-60be-4d04-95d9-56a49102b372

(watch the line wrap) :)

..or to go directly yo case 23, please use:

http://motherlode.ucar.edu/repository/entry/show/RAMADDA/Case+Studies/Unidata+Comet+Case+Studies/ccs023-+Winter+Severe+Weather?entryid=synth%3Ab70a1443-60be-4d04-95d9-56a49102b372%3AL2NjczAyMw%3D%3D

If you have any issues accessing the data, please let me know and we will dial
it in.

Thanks for using the COMET Case Study Library.

Cheers,

Jeff

Jeff Weber
Unidata User Support