Alternates to FTP // Re: Late 1 degree GFS and late eta's on CONDUIT

An alternative to NCEP FTP server is the HTTP access via the NCDC NOMADS
server.  This seems to be a archive rather than real-time, but it may help
everyone patch up datasets.   Looks line in some cases, the archive goes
back pretty far.   Enjoy.

The main index to the data portals is here:
   http://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/oa/climate/nomads/data-avail.html

NCEP items can be found here:  [Download option for HTTP]
   http://nomads.ncdc.noaa.gov/data-access.html

NOMADS also features OPeNDAP access to the model datasets for those that
want to use the brilliant Unidata IDV program.   ODC, ncBrowse, gradsdods
and THREDDS (THREDDS Data Viewer / Toolset; I affectionately call it TDV;
http://my.unidata.ucar.edu/content/projects/THREDDS/tech/index.html#TDV)
work for the most part.