Re: 20051005: 20051003: pqact template for GFS conduit data

Steve --

More info on this problem.  I hope this might give some insight into what is
happening.

Today, I sat with GARP running on both machines watching GFS003 come in -- the
12Z data set.  The data showed up similtaneously on both machines up through 84
hours.  The older machine, "newpsn", which is fed by thelma, kept on filling
out GFS003 past 84 hours through 180 hours.  The machine with the latest
GEMPAK/LDM versions, "psnldm" which is fed by "newpsn", only got 9208 fields,
while the "newpsn" machine captured 20026 fields.

The other problem is that number of fields logged in GFS003 on "psnldm" varies
from run to run, but hovers around 9500 fields.   There do not appear to be any
missing fields within the data that is captured (skimming the results of
GDINFO.)  That is, even though psnldm is not capturing the entire length of the
set (180 hours), it captures every field until it stops about half way through
the data (about 84-90 hours).

I don't know what is filling up -- number of files open or memory overflow,
etc. -- but the same general problem arises whether day or night or product run
(18Z or 06Z).

Do you have any ideas what these symptoms are indicating?

Hobbie